The following are not statutory requirements, but are required to utilize the System for Online Filing of Homestead Exemption:
- You must be a permanent resident of Florida residing on the property as your primary residence before January 1st of the year for which you are applying
- Termination of legal residency in any other state
- Occupy no other residence with a Homestead Exemption, otherwise that Homestead will be terminated
- Possess a resident Florida Driver License or valid Florida Identification (ID) card with your current address
- Submit application for exemption by March 1 of the year in which you wish to qualify
* See Florida Statute 196.015 for other items which may be considered for a person claiming homestead exemption to establish permanent residency in this state.